Still looking for a festive 4th of July dessert? Maybe even one that doesn’t use red and blue berries (which I love love love, don’t get me wrong)… Try pinwheels that actually spin atop red velvet cupcakes! Kids (and adults, as we witnessed at our friends’ bbq last night!) are bound to love this dessert and toy combination.
12×12″ sheet of scrapbook paper, colored on both sides (I used additional sheets for variety)
1 lollipop stick per cupcake
1 straight pin per cupcake
Hot glue gun and a stick of hot glue (craft glue would probably work, but take longer to set)
1. Cut patterned paper into 4.5cm squares. From each corner, make a diagonal cut about halfway to the center.
2. Fold every other corner segment into the center.
3. Poke the pin through all four corners and the center.
4. Use the pliers to bend pin 90 degrees.
5. Add a drop of hot glue to the top of the lollipop stick and stick pin down through the center.
6. Stick finished pinwheel into cupcake and blow gently to set it in motion!